Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I had sickness and diarrhea for about a week and I really

Hey, so I had sickness and diarrhea for about a week and I really didn’t eat much. I’ve been slowly trying to start eating again yet everytime I do I get this horrible sour taste in my mouth and I can feel acid in my throat. I’m eating fairly bland food that shouldn’t trigger acid reflux. Is this normal? My diet for the past few days has mainly been porridge, toast, frozen pancakes with bananas and blueberries and water

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

It's not too uncommon to feel this acidic regurgitation after recovery. Most such symptoms settle within few weeks. Make sure you eat your last meal at least 4 hours before sleep. In addition you may take Capsule Esomeprazole 40 mg once daily for a week. That can reduce the symptoms significantly and help with recovery.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay thank you!

Most welcome. All the best.