Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

How can I tell if my dizziness is caused by inner ear or

Hello. How can I tell if my dizziness is caused by inner ear or something else?

Welcome to Just Answer. Good day to you. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of medical experience. I’m sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you get this resolved quickly. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
We can continue chatting here, If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it is optional & costs extra!). I would be glad to continue here either way.
Kind regards,

While this may be difficult to make out certainly,

Dizziness caused by the inner ear may feel like a whirling or spinning sensation (vertigo), unsteadiness or lightheadedness and it may be constant or intermittent. It may be aggravated by certain head motions or sudden positional changes.

Read more here

https://www.healthyhearing.com/help/tinnitus/dizziness-and-hearing-loss#:~:text=Dizziness%20caused%20by%20the%20inner,motions%20or%20sudden%20positional%20changes.

To confirm this, of course you would need to visit your GP & possibly take the opinion of an ENT doctor as needed too,

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD
To directly contact me for your next question, please use this link or ask for me directly.
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-gupta/

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Oh, err, so seems fine when i dont move, when i move my head ie indeed just ny eyes i spin.
My ears whistle when i shake my head

Certainly ear may be the cause of the symptoms that you are describing,

Why not try to get your GP to have a look?
Warm regards

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will. Just wanted to check as gp is a wait.
I was concerned with brain tumor or high blood pressure. My bp on Wednesday was 107/64 so i guess bp issue this is probably not

I understand that,

Certainly, BP is not the issue here,

Brain tumor is quite unlikely with the symptoms, but if the symptoms persist, neurological evaluation and possible MRI to rule out a brain tumor,

Warm regards ***** ***** safe,

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** likely course you believe is the inner ear? I feel a bit better, but ears still ringing if i shake my head. My eyes also feel little sore.

Yes,

I do believe that ear problems need to be ruled out before proceeding any further,

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Are there any other symptoms that accompany inner ear other than the vertigo and can the vertigo come and go?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It has been on and off for few months, but mostly off

Inner ear can have many diseases, and yes in some of them vertigo may be on & off.

Some of the other symptoms may include

• vertigo, with attacks lasting anywhere from a few minutes to 24 hours.
  • loss of hearing in the affected ear.
  • tinnitus, or the sensation of ringing, in the affected ear.
  • aural fullness, or the feeling that the ear is full or plugged.
  • loss of balance.
  • headaches.

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD