Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Just woke up from sleeping and heart rate is 58 bpm im

Just woke up from sleeping and heart rate is 58 bpm im scared as this is to low and not in the normal range

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff. I think we may have messaged before.

I am sorry to hear you get worried with this.

A heart rate of 58 bpm is not low, and certainly if it is on waking, this is very normal. Our heart rates drop whilst we sleep - this is normal. It will increase as you require an increased amount of oxygenated blood.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Im experiencing chest pain aswell but this is due to a chest infection so the heart rate shouldnt be related should it?

So during an infection, if uncontrolled or you are unwell with it, this can increase your heart rate. It does not decrease it.

But even if your heart rate dropped below 50 this would also not be a concern. A low heart rate is only a problem if you are increasingly breathless with it. But not breathless from a chest infection - a chronic issue, not acute.

Therefore your heart rate is fine - please do not worry.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My nose is producing this should
I be concerned

Hello again, please could you kindly create a new question.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have given you a 5 star rating im uo at 6am i havent slept im scared of heart attacks so much, i have had 15 ecgs, chest x rays heart related blood tests 8 doctors tell me my heart is normal but im having chest pain and im currently crying cause im so scared I will give u a tip
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Please!

Good morning, you do not need to give me a tip.

However please consider the logic here. Multiple ECGs show you have now ischaemic issues, no evidence of a myocardial infarction. Your blood tests are normal.

This is very likely to be your anxiety.

You need to address this otherwise this fear will just continue.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Okay im a smoker though im active my vitals at the moment are oxygen 97% heart rate 67 temp 36.3 and blood pressure 105/66
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Do u think heart attack is likely at 18

No, and nor does anyone else you have spoken with.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Im really sorry its my anxiety life is so hard when you have all these symptoms and they seem so real
Makes me question if i can still live everyday is a struggle im on 100mg sertraline and having therapy i have got better but my cardiophobia is just ruining my life

You need to get CBT for this. And if you have had CBT already, then look into high intensity CBT.

You will be fine, just need to find a way to control this.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Okay thankyou what would u say im more likely to happen to me than have a heart attack just to out me at ease cause I still havent slept

No worries. I don't however think providing options to put it into perspective is going to help when you already suffer from severe anxiety.

Distract yourself. Go for a walk. Spend less time thinking about something so unlikely. Life is already fragile, why waste any of it worrying about something that is unlikely and beyond your control.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Okay thankyou so much one of the best doctors on here really appreciate the help and advice!!
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hope you have an amazing day!

You to, enjoy it.