RickD810
RickD810,
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I got in touch some months ago & was diagnosed with candida

Good morning, I got in touch some months ago & was diagnosed with candida yeast infection.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I was advised to treat with canestan? Which I have done, one tablet & cream. The symptoms did clear but returned very quickly. I have also been trying other things such as a reduced carb, sugar diet etc I haven't seen a doctor yet. I am unsure whether to see a go or gynaecologist.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Symptoms now are severe itching of the shins, sides, lower back, mild itchy scalp & vulva/labia.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: This has been a long episode. I think I first got in touch around end of April. Yes it is soothed with coconut oil with a drop of tea tree. The canestan cream was not soothing.

My name is***** a licensed and practicing doctor.

I am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can help you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I came to here some month ago as I could not get an appointment due to lockdown. I was diagnosed with candida yeast infection & told to self treat with canestan. I took one oral tablet & cream. Symptoms cleared but reoccurred. I changed my diet & have used coconut oil which really helps.

what symptoms are you suffering now with please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am now having symptoms of moderate to severe itching to the shins, inner thighs (by knees), lower back, armpits, scalp & vulva/labia. I am aware that a doctor may see me know but unsure whether to see a go or gynaecologist.

Are you having any discharge?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have had 2 c sections & most recent 2yrs ago & have itching on the scars & I'm assuming the lower back could be the site if epidural?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No discharge has cleared.

I am sorry to hear about your problem and I will try to assist. I would be grateful if you could let me know the following:

How old are you?

Since when are you having the symptom?

What treatments have you tried?

Have you had any investigations?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am 36. Recurring since mid march. I have used canestan oral tablet one & cream. Also changed diet, no carbs or sugar. I used coconut oil & tea tree as an ointment to soothe as the canestan cream was not effective. I have had no investigation as I could not get an appointment due to lockdown.

You are going to need to be investigated. You will need

• blood tests to eclude iron deficiency and anaemia. You will aslo need a liver profile.
  • vaginal swabs

I would advise that you book in with your GP as soon as you can.

I understand that it may be difficult to do so right now but GP's are making appointments for examination and investigations

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you for your help. I will try again to make an appointment.

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal