Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

My gf is facing problems due to absent Amenorrhea. She is

Hi, my gf is facing problems due to absent Amenorrhea. She is using contraceptive pills for getting a period for past few years prescribed by a gp. Since we started dating for over an year we are thinking about baby and a family. What are chances for us being successful in it. How can we overcome this; both her Amenorrhea condition and pregnancy. I guess doc might require detailed tests to for explanayion but can y pls give a general advice or suggestion on it. Many thanks in advance
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: My gf is having problems for 4 or 5 years now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Yes there are skin problems like acne pimples as well.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is her age?

Is she getting a period on contraceptive pills?

Is she overweight?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Her age 26
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
she get period when pills used

Is she overweight?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
She is going gym n following diet for long time. She is physically fit

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply to you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay, will wait. Thank you

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, she needs to be seen by a gynecologist for a pelvic examination and further investigations like ultrasound, female hormonal panel, thyroid function test to rule out the cause of amenorrhea, acne.

The possible causes may include Polycystic Ovarian disease, Ovarian cysts, Thyroid dysfunction.

Her gynecologist would start treatment accordingly and prescribe medicines if you both are planning for a baby.

As long as she would take contraceptive pills, she can't conceive so it's good to make an appointment with a gynecologist in person.

When she would get normal periods again then Track her basal body temperature (BBT) to assess if she is ovulating.
Track cervical secretions to assess her fertility. She is most fertile when her mucus resembles egg whites, looking and feeling stretchy and clear. The more of this mucus she has, the higher her likelihood of getting pregnant. Ovulation is done when the mucus has thickened.
Try over-the-counter ovulation test can assess when she is ovulating. That way she will get an idea of when she should plan to have sex.
Maintain a healthy weight.
Stay hydrated.
Avoid caffeinated coffee, tea, alcohol, and soft drinks (decaf is fine).
Start prenatal vitamins.
Try Myo- inositol supplement. Premama Fertility Supplement
And see her doctor for ovulation studies.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for detailed reply. And do you have any comments about the acne and skin problem as well. She is already doing prescription treatment for that

Thanks for replying me back.

Acne can be hormonal in origin.

So, when she would get her normal periods, acne would resolve on its own.

Continue prescribed treatment.

Hydrate herself with plenty of fluids.

Further testing should be considered.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks doc. It's ok for now. I will text further queries if any. Thank you so much

I wish her good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil