DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I need to message a doctor regarding medication

Hello I need to message a doctor regarding medication

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What exactly is your question?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’m upping my dose on amitriptyline to see if it helps me sleep as not had sleep for over a week. The doctor has prescribed me Zopicione 3.75mg can I take both my extra dose plus a sleeping tablet?

Thanks for the details

You can take these together but there is a risk of increase sedation,drowsiness or confusion

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I suddenly stopped sleeping 1.5 weeks ago on 10mg of Amitriptyline which I think has stopped working that’s why the doctor has now put me on 20mg but I only took 15mgs as I’m so sensitive to medication I felt really dizzy this morning so worried about taking the sleeping tablet also.

I think you should first try with the increased dose of Amitriptyline

Hopefully that will solve your problem

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you I need to sleep as I’m exhausted

You are welcome