Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I’ve been given antibiotics for tonsillitis and I’ve got flu

Hello I’ve been given antibiotics for tonsillitis and I’ve got flu also but my employer wants me to get tested due to my symptoms as they are the same as Covid, but I can’t get a test ? Can you help me please
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Penicillin and paracetamol The dr on the phone didn’t seem to really listen she didn’t tell me I needed a test she just quickly brushed me off and gave me antibiotics
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’m on antidepressants that’s it really all of this is just making me really anxious as I can’t get a test anywhere and she won’t let me back at work till I get one
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: since Thursday, my cough has got worse but I’m ok when the tablets kick in but when they’re wearing off I feel horrible, I can’t get out of bed I have no energy but I’m not sleeping due to my consistent cough

Have you talked to the NHS helpline or your GP?

Have you asked a written requisition from your employer for the COVID test?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’ve gone onto the NHS website and I can’t get through and I’ve rang 119 and I’m on hold for 45 minutes and no she has just suggested I get tested due to my symptoms

Did your GP prescribe you antibiotics?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
penicillin
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
2 tablets 4 times a day

You may ask a written requisition from your employer and send that to your GP. Your GP will get the test or give you a certificate that you do not have COVID symptoms.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can’t go to a drive through as no one in my family drive , ok then I’ll do that

All these can be done via email or messaging instead of going personally.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
do I just ring my drs and explain the situation?

Yes, exactly.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Great thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.