RickD810
RickD810,
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I am currently dealing with my 13 year old daughter who is

Hi there. I am currently dealing with my 13 year old daughter who is in one of her very down and depressed episodes. These episodes come and go and can last for days to weeks. She also has episodes of feeling very high and feels like her insides are shaking, feeling like she wants to scream and dash around, along with very erratic talking where multiple things can be spoken about within minutes. She self harms when in her depressive state and is extremely impulsive. I have been crying out for help from school and our doctor for years, only last year when she self harmed quite badly did they decide to do something about it. She has been tested for Autism and ADHD but i feel that this might not be the correct diagnosis for her, as it isn't an every day constant thing. She has no sense of danger during her episodes and often blurts out sexual/bad language without thinking it's a problem. It can be quite shocking. I'm of course no expert but i really feel it's some sort of mood disorder. It's to the extreme, then all of a sudden she can go weeks absolutely fine. I guess I'm just so fed up of not getting the correct help for her, we have done counselling and also CAMHS, which didn't work at all. It's heartbreaking to see because i can't fix it and at times she is so miserable and unhappy. Home life is good, we and her father don't argue, she has a sister who adores her. Lots of family around and we are a close bunch. I do have a telephone appointment later this evening with our doctor but he always shuts me down I feel.
JA: When did the depression start? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No. As she is only 13 it has never been mentioned.
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: She sometimes doesn't sleep, other times she is sleeping way too much.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No.

My name is***** a licensed and practicing doctor.

I am pleased to meet you. Thank you for your question. Please allow me to read the question and I will revert back to you with an answer or further questions that I may need answering to help you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much.

Thank You