RickD810
RickD810,
Experience:  Expert
109813799

Having nightmares whilst awake, feeling people are

Having nightmares whilst awake, feeling people are attempting to harm me
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: No medication
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I know how worrisome this situation can be for you.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Are you taking any medicines for this?

Since when are you having the symptom?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Any other past illness?

Did you consult a doctor or have any test?

Did you take any medicine?

Are you on any regular medicine?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, I'm 18 and I'm a girl. I'm not taking any medicine and symptoms vary so I'll split them between the time they occurred.Mood symptoms-Since I was 11-ish.Periods of time when I'm really excited and optimistic about my future and my goals, I'll stay up till 3 am with whatever new hobby I've picked up ( my last 4 were art sculptures and painting , learning swedish and Japanese and latin, writing a book and a play ,and trying to become a famous musician) During this period of time I'm generally really excitable. This lasts 1-2 weeks.
. Periods of time were I'm feeling hopeless and empty, all I want to do I cry and stay in bed with my curtains drawn (however i usually manage to get out of bed even though it's really hard) i am no longer working on any projects during this time as I'm not longer hopefully of my future. Hygiene is also very hard like brushing my hair or having a bath. Overall I'm lost and empty inside. This lasts around 2 to 3 weeks.
. Periods of time where I'm neither I feel like most myself, I can pick up new hobbies without becoming obsessed and I can cry the appropriate amount for the situation. This never lasts long 2 weeks max.Other symptoms since 7 ( i don’t remember anything under seven so even though it was probably before seven i don’t know for sure.). I can’t make or keep friends very well since I don't trust people. I feel like they all hate me and are all going to talk about me so I isolate myself a lot.
.REALLY anxious at social events or gatherings, even when i’m in an extroverted mood i’ll still be nervous. Even when I know the people I'll be nervous.
.”Magical thinking/odd beliefs” a while ago i searched up what i thought was a weak or mild delusion and got this and i started crying, it matches what i’m feeling perfectly. I have these thoughts and beliefs that I know aren't real but a big part of me still believes them. Like that I have telepathy, am the queen of a galaxy or that I have Hemokinesis ext...
. I can never think something is a coincidence, it’s always intentional. For instance, I saw a wasp this morning and then again this evening and I thought it was a sign that i will soon meet my soulmate.
.People tell me that i sometimes act “weirdly” or they’ll say im “stupid” which doesn’t help my inability to keep a single friend. Sometimes i say the “wrong words” or i’ll give one-word answers because i assume they'll know what i mean, i used to get bullied because of it and nowadays i still get the odd joke about the way i speak.
. These symptoms don’t come and go; they have stayed and lived with me since I can remember while my mood stuff has been only since I was around 11.I have no past illnesses myself, though my family has a looooooong list and history of mental health issues ( i don’t know if i’m supposed to go into detail but if you ask i can) I only have one family member that i know including all my non-immediate family i know without a mental illness.I have not yet consulted a doctor, and have had no tests.I have not taken any medication nor been prescribed any.(i’m really sorry that i wrote so much and for any and all inconvenience)

You have stated that you have periods of excitement, loneliness, feeling down and low self esteem. YOu also have anxiety and have fleeting thoughts and dieas mixed with what you think are delusional thoughts. You find it hard to make and keep friends.

You have symptoms showing mixed anxiety and depression. You also are showing signs of not being able to control your thought pattern which is shown by way of inappropriate behaviour and thoughts.

My advice to you will be that you should see your GP who will talk to you with regards ***** ***** symptoms.

He will need to assess your PHQ-9 and GAD scores (assessment for levels of anxiety and depression).

He may then look at medication / antidepressants.

He will also provide support services by way of psychological support.

I hope this answer helps you and I wish you well with your recovery.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
is it normal within mixed anxiety to have extreme uncontrollable highs and lows mood wise? Also are you saying I'm experiencing delusions instead of odd beliefs and magical behaviour and if so are delusions then also part of mixed anxiety?

Yes you can have anxiety with highs and lows.

You have your own beliefs which may not be delusional but can be exaggerated thoughts outside of the norm. This can be a mixed anxiety disorder.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thanks for your time I will try and get a second opinion.

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal