DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Please can I have some advice I suffer from sever health

Please can I have some advice I suffer from sever health anxiety and I have got myself in a state thinking I have bowel cancer I have piles but my issue is every morning I usually get a urge to go for a poo now on Saturday this didn’t happen I felt I need to poo but nothing would come out Sunday morning I went for a poo and yesterday morning now today I havnt been I feel I need to but nothing comes out and Iam in a state over it my grandma does if bowel cancer many years ago and my mother did of stomach cancer 5 years ago
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: since the weekend
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Grandmother died of bowel cancer mother died of stomach cancer

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your health

How old are you ?

Have you noticed any weight loss or loss of appetite as well ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Iam 31 I’ve no weight loss or loss of appetite

Thanks for the details

I think you only have constipation

That is also the cause of the hemorrhoid causing bleeding in the stool

You need a stool softener or laxative like Miralax

That will help in relieving the constipation

To alleviate your fear of a cancer you can have a stool examination and stool calprotectin

That can help in finding out a need of further investigations like colonoscopy

But remember colon cancer is an aggressive condition and your symptoms would have been much worse in case if it would have been a cancer

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have no blood in my stool either the piles are on the outside and are itchy and I can feel like somthing is there but has improved since I started using cream
So the symptoms I have is constipation is it normal to have a poo every morning for people ? The fact the odd day I havnt is constipation sorry for some many questions my anxiety is really bad at the moment

No it is not mandatory for everyone to poo daily

But even if you pass it on alternate day it should not be hard or should not hurt

I still feel in your case there is no reason to believe that you have anything serious like a cancer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But is it Ok to go to the toilet once a day every day tho and thank you so the fact I went to the toilet yesterday can still mean constipation

Yes it is absolutely okay

But as I said the stool you pass should not be hard

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It won’t pass I can feel it but it won’t come out does that mean it’s hard I will get some stool
Softener usually when I go they aren’t hard thank you for your time

Yes this is most likely due to these being hard and impacted

Stool softener will be helpful

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your time

You are welcome