Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I had a hysterectomy six weeks ago. I had stage 1

I had a hysterectomy six weeks ago. I had stage 1 endrometial cancer. Op was successful & told don t need more treatment. I have a problem with food though I have no appetite, don’t feel hungry & cant eat a proper meal however small.
Nothing smells or tastes right. I have a slight ankle swelling & suffer wind & constipation. I use senna pods & duculose stool softener. I also just found out I have type 2 diabetes & take meta form in 2x2 daily.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, than you for contacting us this evening.

I am so sorry to hear that you have had Endometrial cancer.

Has this problem with food occurred only since you have had your surgery?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No it’s been getting worse for several months

Thank you - Are you okay to accept the call at 19:45?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I can’t afford please disregard

Okay, I will cancel the call.

The most common cause of the symptoms you describe is Gastro-oesphageal reflux. This can certainly alter your taste, and can occur even in the absence of heart burn symptoms.

Dietary it is best to avoid alcohol, caffeine, large meals - but I suspect that this already applies to you. I would therefore try a PPI such as Omeprazole or Esomeprazole for 4 weeks and then see if this settles your symptoms.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I only saw price after accepting & I cNt afford to pay that fee

Please do not worry. I have not accepted the call and will flag this with customer services to ensure you are refunded if the fee has been taken.