Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I think I have an unusual lump in my testicles but I'm not

I think I have an unusual lump in my testicles but I'm not sure if it's something that's supposed to be there because it's on both testicles. It's almost like a little ball at the bottom of each testicle but I don't think it is actually attached to the testicles themselves
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the lump?
Customer: There's a slight ache but nothing unbearable and I haven't spoken to a doctor
JA: Got it. When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: I haven't been to the doctor about this specific issue but the last time I went was for a completely unrelated issue
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hello. I'm Dr Chip

Most likely these are small varicoceles--little twisting veins

They aren't anything serious and they don't need any treatment

But I suggest you see your doctor for an exam and a scrotal ultrasound just to check them out

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They feel a bit more solid than veins almost like a hard slightly spongy ball. If they are just veins what could be the possible cause of the slight ache?

Sometimes they can ache but what you're describing is exactly how varicoceles feel

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay thank you I do have a slight bad back so maybe that could be the cause of the ache. I have only just started checking my testicles so didn't know what to feel for and any information/diagrams online don't seem to show anything at the bottom of the testicle so was just unsure and a bit concerned

Nothing at all serious

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time with you