Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Back in june I started having stomach problems for a number

Hi, Back in june I started having stomach problems for a number of weeks. That slowly got better then straight after I started to have tightness in my ribs and chest, which I have had ever since. I have done multiple blood tests, as well as x ray, ct scans and covid tests but no one can tell me that there is anything wrong.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Do you have any shortness of breath with chest tightness?

Any problem with exercise?

Any back pain?

It is quite possible you had a viral infection and you are suffering from reactive myalgia or inflammation left behind from infection causing muscle spasms.
Best wishes,
Please reply back if you need any further clarification.
It was my pleasure to help you today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey, yes h=i have had chest tightness and rib tightness for months now. I get shortness of breath someitmes, I can not exericese its very hard for me. I had a back spasm a few months ago I couldnt move for a couple days, but I have had that a lot so I dont think that is related. Like I said I had a few covid tests all came out negative. I did a chest x ray. I then had a few blood tests checking alergies and everything in liver. I then had a standard ct and finally a duel ct where they put ink in you to check lungs. Everything came out clear..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I get nauseous sometimes for the past few months also
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just havent felt myself for months now and its making me depressed as no one can tell me what it is

Ok thanks for your reply.

I think you should get a stress test to check your heart function better --Ct scan does not check for that.

Also it is quite possible you may have nerve entrapment at the thoracic spine level which can cause wrapping like tightness sensation.

Are you losing any muscle mass?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do you mean muscle mass? I have lost weight naturally as ive been nasuous most mornings so havent been eating as much

Do you feel weak with muscle strength?

Also for nausea, did you have a CT scan of the abdomen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i wouldnt say particularly weak no. I had a ct scan on my chest. And the nausea I had for the first month then it went. Now it just came back a week ago. It's mainly been chest and rib tightness for the past few months

Ok

Now, you may also have reactive arthritis or inflammatory arthritis.

You should get sed rate ( ESR), C reactive protein, rheumatoid factor, ANA, anti CCP levels checked.

Any elevation will suggest inflammatory condition.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are they blood tests? who would check those? a cardiologist?

Yes they are blood tests --usually a rheumatologist.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how aboout a jelly scan of my heart? another doctor suggested that

You are talking about cardiac CT.

i also recomemnded a stress test above --which is probably cheaper and better since that can be combined with echocardiogram for better visualization of heart during exercise.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its just so frustrating evryone telling me theres nothing wrong. Makes me feel like im going crazy

I do not think so.

Given that you are suffering from these symptoms including nausea, weight loss, you will need further work up.

I will also suggest an ultrasound or CT scan of your abdomen with contrast as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks you

Very welcome