Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My husband has, what seems like, a bad eye infection. He has

Hi there, my husband has, what seems like, a bad eye infection. He has not been able to open his eye without pain since Monday evening. It hasn't gotten any better even with drops. Perhaps we need higher medicated drops?
JA: Has your husband used any medication for eye infection?
Customer: Yes, they are eye drops from Holland and he used paracetemol but that wasn't useful.
JA: Got it. Has he seen a doctor about eye infection?
Customer: Nope
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Yes, he is a glasses and contact wearer- he tried to make his own saline solution when he ran out recently, and has been using that solution for one week before this happened.

What is your husband's age?

Is he diabetic?

Has he past history of any major illness or eye issue?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
30

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
very healthy, not diabetic, takes no meds and the only major issues are his deep reliance on contacts or glasses as his sight is pretty bad. He had a lazy eye which required surgery when he was a toddler. But nothing since like that.

I am very sorry about your husband's present eye pain.

With the description, you have provided there is a possibility of bacterial infection of;

1) Conjunctiva (it is the transparent layer of the eye).

2) Cornea (due to contact wore for a longer time), or

3) Both.

He needs strong antibiotic cream and maybe oral antibiotics.

He would also need a swab test from the eye to identify the causative bacteria and optimum antibiotic to eradicate the infection and prevent the recurrence.

It is strongly advised to go to the primary care physician/GP today or to the A&E.

I hope this interaction is helpful to you.

Wishing your husband a speedy resolution.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much! we just needed the push

You are very welcome.

Wishing your husband a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

" I sincerely hope that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Thank you!”.

“I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to add me as your favorite and come back anytime to ask another question.”

Stay blessed.