RickD810
RickD810,
Experience:  Expert
109813799

Here 59 Male... Over the past few months I've been getting

Hi there,Paul here 59 Male... Over the past few months I've been getting up five and six times at night to go for a pee. One night I got up six times in one hour. I usually pass a good volume. When I waken up at night and feel the need to pee I always get up because I'm afraid I will pee in my sleep.I waken up in the mornings totally wrecked after wakening to pee so many times during the night.In the past two weeks I have also had some difficulty achieving an erection.I know I should probably go to my GP but I'm somewhat embarrassed about this.Can you offer any advice please?Many thanksPaul

My name is***** a licensed and practicing doctor.

I am pleased to meet you. Thank you for your question. Please allow me to read the question and I will revert back to you with an answer or further questions that I may need answering to help you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

When you urinate:

• Do you have to wait before urine comes out?
  • Is it a good stream?
  • Any blood in your urine?
  • Do you dribble after finishing?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No, I don't have to wait before urine comes out.
Yes it is a good stream although not as powerful as it was when I was younger.
There is no sign of blood in the urine.
No excessive dribble.

Does it hurt when you urinate?

Have you had any blood tests for a PSA?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No it dosen't hurt when I urinate.
I had PSA included in blood tests for past ten years, always negative. Last blood test was 24/01/19 PSA was 2.03

As you have urinary symptoms I would advise that you need to see your GP for a prostate examination along with an updated PSA and a test of your urine with a sample. Your GP will then decide a course of action.

I hope this helps

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you... I will make an appointment to see GP...