RickD810
RickD810,
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I’ve noticed that I have trace amounts to small amounts of

Hi I’ve noticed that I have trace amounts to small amounts of protein in my urine and I’m worried that I might have CKD or even kidney failure. I went to the doctors a few weeks ago because I thought I had diabetes however a urine litmus test showed that I didn’t have anything that pointed to diabetes the doctor said. I decided to buy some litmus test myself just to have a look myself because I do have health anxiety and I’ve noticed that I have some protein in my urine and when I have searched it up on the internet it says it could possibly be CKD. My questions are. Do you think it could be CKD?. And from the pictures I’m sending you does it look like any worrying amounts of protein?. Thanks. I’m 20 years old male and as far as I know I don’t have any underlying health conditions.

My name is***** a licensed and practicing doctor.

I am pleased to meet you. Thank you for your question. Please allow me to read the question and I will revert back to you with an answer or further questions that I may need answering to help you.

I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I know how worrisome this situation can be for you.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Any other past illness?

Did you take any medicine?

Are you on any regular medicine?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi I’m 20 years old and I’m male
- no as far as I know I don’t have any other symptoms- no I don’t have any past Illness that could affect them- no
-no

Having protein in your urine can be normal. It could mean you have a urine infection (if you have discomfort or burning when urinating)

You need o repeat the test after one week and see if the protein persists.

You can ask your GP to test for yoru kidney function blood test which will tell you the state of your kidney function.

It is highly unlikely that you have CKD taking into consideration of your age and symptoms

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok that’s great thank you

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi yes I will give you a 5 star rating now thanks for your help
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi I just want to say I’ve redone my urine test and now the protein levels are around normal so I think it could of been possibly because I was dehydrated as to why I had protein in my urine

Great news !

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yeah thanks for your help. I have just one more question I’m just wondering though does it really matter what time a day you do a protein urine test ?

Morning time is the most concentrated

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you