Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

After going to the toilet I am losing stools and leakage for

after going to the toilet I am losing stools and leakage for 4-6 hours afterwards. Am scared I have something really bad. I do have a lot of sugar supplements as I am diabetic and also eat a lot of fruit and green veg. This has been going on for 6 + weeks. Sometimes I get a dull like period pain but nothing else and it soon goes away. I am 81 years and female.
JA: Have you used any medication for diabetes?
Customer: Yes, I have been diabetic type 2 for over 30 years and was on metformin for 30 odd years but changed last year to Linagliptin as my kidneys were affected.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about diabetes?
Customer: I have my annual check up and blood tests
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am suffering a great deal of pain from arthritis, have cellulitis, spondylitis, kidney problems that seem to be under control, glaucoma that is being treated. Other than that I'm as active as I can be and try to play carpet bowls and croquet but my back and shouldere pain is really getting me down so can do without the back passage problem!!!

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Any abdominal pain or cramping with this?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
just an occasional period like pain but not constant
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
no I am very hard of hearing and don't use the phone

The phone call offer was automated and you don't have to accept it

Are your bowel movements firm and solid?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
no quite lose which I never used to be

OK

This isn't all that serious--nothing like cancer

You probably have an H pylori bacterial stomach infection

You need to see your doctor for a stool screen for that and it's easily treated with a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
OK thanks for your help. I will contact my doctor. You have put my mind at rest but it is so inconvenient and embarrassing.

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time with you