How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9312
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now

I have borderline liver cirrhosis with fibroscan carried out

This answer was rated:

I have borderline liver cirrhosis with fibroscan amber carried out 3 years ago. I have had no alcohol in over 7 years and all of my blood tests have been completely normal in all that time. My main problem now is gynaecomastia which used to settle over night but is now permanent. It progresses through the day especially from 11am and my breasts become heavier, more tender and painful as the day progresses with mild relieve over night.
I also get tinitus and feel sleepy and my concentration fluctuates during this time.I repeatedly get advised to lose weight as I am told that my main problem is fatty liver disease but I ave now lost 14 kilos in the last 6 months and whilst I remain overweight my problem has actually got worse. My Endocrinologist put me on Indapamide recently due to fluid retention but my symptoms have remained with or without it. Previously on Spirolactine but stopped 5 years ago. My symptoms have actually got worse since then.
I have tried taking more fluid and more protein things along the way including vitamin supplements and would welcome any advise.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer. Good day to you. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of medical experience. I’m sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you get this resolved quickly. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
We can continue chatting here, If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it is optional & costs extra!). I would be glad to continue here either way.
Kind regards,

You seem to be having resistant gynecomastia,

In this situation,

Medications used to treat breast cancer and other conditions may be helpful for some men with gynecomastia. They include:

  • Tamoxifen (Soltamox)
  • Aromatase inhibitors, such as anastrozole (Arimidex)

Read more here

Unfortunately these medications cannot be prescribed online, and you would need to visit your doctor and discuss this with them so that they can consider starting these medications.

Of course, it is great that you are losing weight, and this will help in the long run as well,

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD
To directly contact me for your next question, please use this link or ask for me directly.

Dr. Gupta and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Unfortunately I have already tried Tamoxifen. The main problem is the fluctuations in the day with increasing heaviness swelling and pain as the day progresses. In fact my abdomen face also feel increasingly heavy and bloated. I would prefer to discuss but I am working long shifts until early next week. Is it possible to book a phone consultation some time then? Unless you have any thoughts or suggestions in the interim.


You can use the premium service offer to talk to me whenever you are comfortable.

Please remember that I may not be able to offer specific advice as we do not have any diagnosis yet,

Any opinion on Arimidex? Has that been considered?
Finally, surgery can be done as well, in case the problem is severe physically or psychologically,
Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD