DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

This is a question for my cousin. He met a girl and took her

Hi. This is a question for my cousin. He met a girl and took her to his place. They didn't have sex, but she gave him a handjob. After, he realised she had an open wound on her hand. It wasn't bleeding but it was red and sore. He wants to know if HIV, or an STD could have been transmitted? He doesn't know whether she has anything, but was just wondering that if she did could it be transmitted through a handjob only, with a sore wound on the hand? He's a bit concerned. Thanks.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There is no real risk of catching HIV

The risk of catching HIV with an unprotected vaginal or anal sex is 3 in 1000

So you must not worry as he will be fine

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you

There is no real risk of HIV in this situation

The risk of getting HIV with an unprotected vaginal or anal sex is 3 in 1000

So there is absolutely no need to worry