DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

5 days before my period I spot when i open my bowels after

5 days before my period I spot when i open my bowels after the five days I have a full period as normal being 5 days and that’s it should I be concerned
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I have a period every 28 days but sport from day 23 to 28
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear this

Are you saying you had spotting for 5 days prior to your period and then had your regular period?

When you had the Pap smear done recently?

Are you on any hormonal pill ?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I only spot when I open my bowel then nothing then my regular period follows.
I’m not due a smear test untill next year however I had a internal by my doctor in jan to make sure everything was ok.
I’m not on any contraception

Thanks for the details

This can happen at times due to hormonal imbalance

If you had the examination and that was normal and also the Pap smear was also normal so nothing to worry

You just need to monitor the progress in next cycle

If it does not happen again so nothing to worry at all

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It tends to happen with every cycle , can this just be part of my cycle , it’s sometimes brownish followed by light blood when wipe fowoed by my period on day 28

Yes if it happens every time then it could be a part of your cycle

Some females do get it for few days and then have their regular period

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If it was anything sinister would the bleeding be irregular it wouldn’t just be on day 23 followed by my 5 day period

Yes and also your examination and Pap smear would have picked up anything abnormal as well

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Before I pay this can I confirm this is a Legiate website

Yes it is