DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Since this afternoon when I have been eating it’s been

Hi Doctor! Since this afternoon when I have been eating it’s been hurting me on the middle of my chest and feels abit warm. Every time I swallow or drink water it feels like pain in middle of chest. Can you please advise as getting worried

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

Please provide me the following information so that I can help you better

Does it happens only on eating food?

Do you have any known medical problem?

How old are you ?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I am 33 years old
I sometimes have silent reflux and was having lansoprazole 3 weeks ago and then I stopped it when I felt better.
I had quite abit of hot food yesterday when I went out for a meal. I was having my lunch earlier when it kept hurting. It’s fine when I am not eating but sometimes feels warm. No other conditions

Thanks for the details

This is most likely gastritis (inflammation of stomach)

You should continue to take Lansoprazole

Also you should have a test for H.Pylori as this is a bug which can be associated with such symptoms

You can add Gaviscon to Lansoprazole for pain relief as well

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you so much

You are welcome