Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz,
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I experience terrible headaches in which can sometimes

I experience terrible headaches in which can sometimes proceed to migraines. I tolerate these through painkillers and the longest I have gone without taking my painkillers is two days. I experience these headaches more or less everyday. I also experience terrible back and abdomen pain, I use a heating pad to manage this but the pain still feels as if somebody is sticking knives in me. I can often experience nausea, and over the past couple of months I have had what seems to be vertigo, coming and going. I am on the contraceptive implant as this was suggested. It definitely eases my period pain as before it was unbearable. I have been for CT scans and blood tests to find nothing.Recently, what seems to be my kidneys have been hurting. I am unsure if this is linked to anything though. I would really appreciate an estimate at what I could be battling, or what is best to do. Thank you.
JA: How long have you been using the painkiller? Has it helped at all?
Customer: 2 years, they help but I want to find an answer to my problems as they only help my head be tolerable and I do not like to be dependent on them
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about the headaches?
Customer: I have been to a doctor regarding everything mentioned, and a solution was the implant (how this has helped is mentioned above) but nothing more.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, I don't think so.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

And please ignore any phone requests, these are generated automatically by Just Answer beyond my control.

How old are you?

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be difficult for you.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I am 21 and thank you. It is difficult.It really baffles me because nothing was found on a CT test or blood tests when I had them this year.

Migraine doesn't have any finding on CT.

I think you need to be started on migraine prophylaxis regularly, medicines like propanolol, amitryptiline or topiramate.

These medication really helps in preventing the migraines.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
No I know, but I went to the CT scan because of the abdomen pain which I was convinced for a while was endometriosis but that found nothing.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I take solpadiene
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I really am looking for what could be the cause of my symptoms rather than another tablet I could be taking if that makes sense.

I think it is only migraine or could be Irritable bowel syndrome as well.

If every scan is fine, than IBS is a big possibility.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Can IBS cause back pain too?

Yes, it can

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
If I did have IBS, what is the treatment for that? How would it be diagnosed?

It is diagnosis of exclusion. If you have been through everything and nothing shows anything, it is likely to be the cause. Treatment is lifestyle changes, weight loss, active lifestyle and a medication called mebeverine.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I see, thank you for clarifying. So do you think it is just that I suffer with migraines, and possibly IBS too? Could there be anything else that is likely?

I don't think so. Your symptoms doesn't suggest that.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you for helpingme with my question.

You are welcome.

Can you kindly rate this consult 5, it would be much appreciated.