DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My serum fructosamine is 294 and my plasma fasting glucose

My serum fructosamine is 294 and my plasma fasting glucose level is 5.6mol please can you tell what time means does this mean I have Diabetes?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

No that does not mean you have Diabetes

Your blood glucose is normal

The fructosamine is slightly elevated

You just need to have a repeat test after a month

You can also test a glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) as it will tell the overall control in last three months as well

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Dr thank you for your reply. This is a second blood test my doctor has asked me to do. As the first test my doctor said there was inconsistencies in my blood results and made me do a Haemoglobin (hb'opathy screen test also, I had another Dr tell me I am pre-diabetic because of my Plasma fasting glucose level 5.6mmol this is causing me too much stress weather I am diabetic or not.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Dr please could you provide as much information I am so upset and stressed out I do not want to be diabetic I have had two Dr just say your serum fructosamine 294 is too high

Yes I agree that you have just entered in to pre-diabetic category as it is from 5.6 to 6.9 mmol

So at this point you need strict diet control and exercise to protect you from progressing to diabetes

But at the moment you are surely not diabetic

And you have just at the border of pre-diabetes level

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you very much for your time and help.