Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I've had diarrhoea since april due to food poisoning but the

Hi there, so I've had diarrhoea since april due to food poisoning but the diarrhoea has got worse. I have no pain In my stomach. For the last year I have a bad smokers caugh but has gotten worse the last couple of days. I have heartburn and have noticed a white spot as small or as big as a thumb print on my chest. It looks like a scar. I had a chest infection 8 weeks ago.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: No only as above mentioned. The caugh the last year but lately it's got worse over the last 3 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. How long have you had this symptom for?
3. Is there any alternating diarrhea and constipation please?
4. Are you experiencing any weight loss or loss of appetite?
5. Are you currently under any type of physical or psychological stress?
6. Is there any family history of irritable bowel syndrome?
7. Are you running any intermittent of recurrent fever?
8. When was your thyroid status last checked and if so how was it?
9. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
36 female. No alternating. I was 13 stone I'm now 11. 8 in two weeks. Loss of appetite.no fever. No family history
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.
From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Irritable bowel syndrome, or "IBS," is a condition that causes belly pain and problems with bowel movements. Some people with the condition have frequent, watery bowel movements (diarrhea). Others do not have enough bowel movements (constipation). Some patients switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation.Symptoms include:
●Stomach pain and cramps, related to a bowel movement
●Diarrhea or constipation (some people switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation)
●Bloating
●GasThere is no specific test or investigation of choice.You can:
●Start a diary to keep track of what you ate each day, what you did, and how you felt. That way, you can figure out if anything you do or eat makes your symptoms better or worse.
●Stop eating foods that might be making your IBS worse. Start by giving up foods that give you gas, and then give up milk, ice cream, and other foods that have traces of milk for 2 weeks.
●Eat more fiber, if you have constipation. You can do this by eating more fruits and vegetables. Or you can take fiber pills or powders. (If eating more fiber makes symptoms worse, cut back on the fiber.)
●Exercise. Do something active for 20 to 60 minutes, 3 to 5 days a week. Studies show this helps improve IBS symptoms.Medicines can ease the symptoms of IBS. But no treatment can cure the condition. Counseling might also help with IBS, because stress and worry can make the condition worse.
The medicines that can help with IBS symptoms include:
●Medicines to ease diarrhea
●Medicines to ease constipation
●Antidepressants – These medicines work by blocking pain. When used to treat IBS, they are given at a much lower dose than would normally be given to treat depression.
●Medicines called "antispasmodics"
●Antibiotics – These medicines sometimes help with bloating and diarrhea in some people.May I suggest you discuss this with your primary care physician or gastroenterologist and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.
Happy to help. If you feel I had helped you, a positive feedback is solicited and highly appreciated.
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.