DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I asked a question to Dr Das today, as I had been cycling on

Hi, I asked a question to Dr Das today, as I had been cycling on a windy day, and two piece of tiny grit entered my left eye; and he reassured me that getting dust and grit in the eye very rarely causes damage to the cornea. But I was reading today that it can cause things like conjunctivitis, and ocular infections. Is this so, and could there be a danger I might? Thank you.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks for asking

Are you experiencing any symptom at the moment ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not especially, my eyes feel tired, slightly irritated, but they often do, I am very prone to eye strain.

Thanks for the details

I think whatever you read is right but it does not seems to be the issue in your case

It happens when some relatively large object enter the eye and you scratch the eyes so much that it cause some local inflammation and secondary infection

So you don,t need to worry at all

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh i see, thanks doctor, the objects were tiny and i didn't scratch, and my eyes dislodged them very quickly...

So you must not worry at all