Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Had chest pains since last night it's at the top of my chest

Customer Question

Had chest pains since last night it's at the top of my chest have been massage it it seams to move then sharp pain after I've done that I don't know whether I've pulled it or something else going on
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: No shortness of breath no haven't had it before no sweats either
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: have ptsd take tablets for panic attacks
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 days ago.

What are your age and gender?

Do you have shortness of breath, feeling of suffocation, pain in the left arm, sweating, sinking sensation, heartburn, acid reflux, bloating, gas?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Could you please answer these questions;

What are your age and gender?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Im58 yrs old
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Have none of the above

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5-10 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

A rule is to get an EKG and Troponin test for evaluation to rule out categorically any heart issue in your age group for chest pain.

Though your symptoms are quite unlikely of heart-related chest pain and are more likely to muscle pain. You may do the following;

1) Ibuprofen

2) Local analgesic spray.

3) Heating pad.

Going to A&E is advised for precaution as health concerns and chest pain needs a high index of suspicion and precautions.

I am glad for the opportunity to answer your question.

I hope this interaction is helpful to you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.