DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a high urine creatinine how can i reduce it, Yes &

Customer Question

I have a high urine creatinine how can i reduce it
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Yes & muscle cramps
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Im diabetic,high cholesterol & high blood pressure
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Yes their is
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 7 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You need to have a good control of your diabetes, hypertension and Cholesterol

The high creatinine is likely due to kidney damage caused by your chronic illnesses

A good control of these will help in settling the creatinine back to normal

You should have your GFR monitored as well

If there are proteins in the urine then you should take an ACE inhibitor like Lisinopril to help settle the problem

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Whats lisinopril for

It has an anti-proteinuric effect and is used in diabetic nephropathy

It also help control the blood pressure