DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I want someone to suggest if ive had a vertical fracture in

Customer Question

hi i want someone to suggest if ive had a vertical fracture in a tooth which had a root canal filling many years ago if it can be saved or should be extracted for an implant
JA: Does your fractured tooth hurt constantly or on and off? Which pain reliever have you been using, if any?
Customer: no it doesnt hurt at all i have a temporary filling
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the fracture? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: but not sure how deep it is but just want advise if it can be saved or should be extracted
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: no nothing that i know of i was eating cereal and the hard piece just sliced tooth
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
If there’s any one experienced on endontist or implantology
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi will some one reply
Expert:  Srividhya V S replied 6 days ago.
Hello.
Welcome to just answer.I am Dr vazsv here to help you.May I know your age please?When was the RCT done?Is there any surrounding swelling on the gums or cheek?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No swelling n rct was done more than 30 years ago
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Because it’s a vertical split half way one tooth is tight the other after a filling is done the filling comes away so gets loose again
Not sure what I should do
Someone said take it out as in future it’s a problem or not sure if I should or could save it first
Or can it be saved
Thank you for getting back with the prompt response.I would suggest you to discuss with your dentist in person.An OPG x-ray might be required to assess the surrounding tooth socket and bone.Decision on redoing the RCT and applying a tooth cap can be made after an initial cleaning and assessment.The OPG x-ray will reveal if the tooth can be preserved or an implant is required.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok i thought there might be a implantology specialist who would be able to advise
If you need an opinion from an implantology specialist, you can opt me out.
Your question will be reflected in the question column and some expert might take it up again.Kind regards-Dr vazsv.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would rather talk to someone in that field
How do o opt you oolut
Please look into the webpage options. You can see a window to opt out.If you are not able to find it, please let me know. I'll opt out.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
JA: Does your fractured tooth hurt constantly or on and off? Which pain reliever have you been using, if any?
Customer: no it doesnt hurt at all i have a temporary filling
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the fracture? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: but not sure how deep it is but just want advise if it can be saved or should be extracted
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: no nothing that i know of i was eating cereal and the hard piece just sliced tooth
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 6 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 days ago.

Please try wrapping wire to keep two fragments aligned together. Good luck.

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 days ago.

See on www.pocketdentistry.com

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi please can you refund my membership and cancel the free trial plz when I open above link it’s dead thanks