DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I noticed a lump at the back of my throat about a year ago,

Customer Question

I noticed a lump at the back of my throat about a year ago, a told my GP but she says she couldn't find anything, now this lump its bigger e has become an open wound, i can fell it when a swallow and looking at the mirror I can see small red dots on it, like little veins or blood. I called the GP but I'll have to way more than a month for an appointment. I am supper worried and considering book an appointment in a privet clinic. Do I need a referral to see an otolaryngologist?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the redness?
Customer: i had described pretty much what is happening. a have this wound inside my mouth on my throat for a long time, now its getting worst
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: yes oraldene
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: not really
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 14 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please share a photo for review

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (7ZG4Q5V)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
never mind
thank you anyway

Thanks for sharing

This seems like a small tonsillar cyst

It does not look like anything serious to me

You should have a referral to an ENT surgeon

After examining directly a decision to excise it can be made

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. I am using this medicine to wash out my mouth before bed at night. Its that OK? I'll send you a picture.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (6MMZ3Q1)

Yes that is absolutely okay to use

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks have a good evening.

You are welcome