Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have pins and needles in my arm leg hands they go into a

Customer Question

I have pins and needles in my arm leg hands they go into a spasm I now don’t have much feeling in my 2 small toes on my left food and keep dropping things and my grip keeps going I am now starting to get pins and needles on my left side of my face I am tried a lot
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 5 years now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on b12
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 11 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Is this an electric shock like sensation which is felt moving down the limbs?

2. Is this a jerky movement which is felt just before you are falling asleep or just before you are waking up?

3. Is there any family history multiple sclerosis?

4. Is there any double vision?

5. Are you experiencing any weakness in any part of the body?

6. Are there any bladder problems like urgency or frequency or loss of control?

7. Are there any involuntary muscle twitchings?

8. Are you experiencing the symptoms only now or have they been recurring?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When the pins and needles come they can last for 5/20 min and it is my full arm
I can wake up with this and I have it in the day time
Yes family history of m/s 2 members did have it now passed away
My legs are weaker
Ones I eat I need to make sure I know where a toilet are
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I took meningitis 5 years ago and 6/7 later all this started
The pins needles in my l do side of my face has only started in 4 weeks

Hello..thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Idiopathic Peripheral neuropathy.

Need not worry anything serious neurological going on please.

I suggest you take neurovitamins available as tablet Neurobion Forte - taken one tablet once a day for 3 months please.

You can buy it online here -

https://www.amazon.com/Neurobion-CLASSICO-Tablets-Vitamin-Booster/dp/B003KI53T2

2. Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.

Benign fasciculations are common. Despite the favorable prognosis of benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), patients are often anxious about their symptoms. In a recent study published in 2018 - it was quoted that - BFS is a benign disorder that usually persists over time. Commonly associated symptoms include subjective weakness, sensory symptoms, and cramps. BFS is usually not associated with pathologic anxiety.

3. Multiple sclerosis has to be considered in the differential diagnosis - although extremely unlikely.

4.After ruling out physical causes like this, I would put stress and anxiety as last possibility please.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification in this regard and we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This does not help much are you have said 4 different things

I am only putting forward the differential diagnosis and the order of preference for consideration is what I had put it.

It would not be right on my part to give you only a single label to go on.