Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have had an eye infection for a few weeks now, I had 2

Customer Question

I have had an eye infection for a few weeks now, I had 2 courses of Flucloxacillin but it keeps getting worse. My left eye is red and swollen and the swelling is getting worse every day
JA: Have you used any medication for eye infection?
Customer: yes, 2 courses of Flucloxacillin
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about eye infection?
Customer: no, I can't even get an appointment with my GP. I dnt know what to do anymore. I got the prescription for the Flucloxacillin over a private online consultation like this one
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 8 days ago.

Hello. thanks for your query, are you able to send me a picture of your eye

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sure
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (PQL74M3)

Hi, thanks for the pucs, I can see redness below the orbit,

I'll advise you have a different type of antibioitc normally used for this type of eye infections called Co-amoxiclav usually given orally, but in some cases,

you might need to be seen in hospital for IV antibiotics as oral antibiotics do not always work

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok. But how do I get a prescription for that?

You can get a prescription from your GP or the same online consultation you used previously