I am sorry to learn about your health issues.
I know that can be very stressful when in such a situation.
A urinary tract infection, as a rule, warrants a urine culture for the evaluation (with a routine urine analysis). A urine culture test substantiates the infection, gives you the best antibiotic to treat and eradicate the infection, and prevent its recurrence.
Treating a UTI without a culture test is like going into the sea without navigation help.
You may go to your GP or to a walk-in clinic for the urine culture to properly manage it.
Following measures would be helpful, meanwhile;
1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water
2) Cranberry extract capsule.
3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks
4) Azo/Pyridium for urinary burning/pain (it is without the prescription and is a urinary analgesic).
The recurrence of the symptoms can be;
1) Inadequate duration of antibiotics. You may need the antibiotic for at least 3-4 days more.
2) Not the optimum antibiotic for your UTI infection.
I am glad for the opportunity to answer your question.
I hope this interaction is helpful to you.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
I wish your symptoms resolve soon.
I trust this answers your question, gives some good information, and provides comfort.
I wish you and your family safety and health during these difficult times.