Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I think i may have got bv and have for about 2 weeks now and

Customer Question

i think i may have got bv and have for about 2 weeks now and i am supposed to coming on to my period towards the end of the week and i think i’ve come on early, but i’m not sure if the blood is period or to do with the infection
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: i’m in no pain and my periods are usually regular and not this heavy. i also have brown/red clumpy discharge but i don’t know if the red is the period
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no i’m on the pill
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What symptoms do you have in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have brown/pinkish clumpy discharge with a slight odour of a coppery smell. i have no pain anywhere
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 days ago.

Though Bv is a possibility it can be a bacterial infection.

The pink color comes from the slight blood.

I would suggest using a boric acid suppository one every night for a week and if it does not improve then see a doctor for a swab test to rule out bacterial infection.

Take REPHRESH probiotics as well.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you.

Do find me for any future concerns that you might have.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
there is quite a lot of blood though and i don’t know if that’s because my period came early
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 days ago.

There is a possibility of the period being early as it can happen when you have an infection. Monitor for one to two days, if bleeding continues then it is most likely your period.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can i still use bv gel cream whilst on period? will it still work?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 days ago.

Yes, you can still use it while on your period and it will work.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i am still having brown/slightly green discharge
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 days ago.

If it's green then you should get a swab test as it can be trichomoniasis.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it’s brown now, and i thought i was on my period on tuesday and it’s now stopped bleeding but normally it lasts longer than this? i’m trying bv gel at the moment
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 days ago.

Ok you can monitor.