Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My temporary veneer has snapped and I am due to get a flight

Customer Question

Hello. My temporary veneer has snapped and I am due to get a flight to Portugal in 2 hours. Can I still go with a snapped vaneer? It does not look too bad and I am I am more concerned about the 2 weeks quarentine when I am back and wether it needs to be fixed
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: nothing it literally snapped a minute ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer. Good day to you, I am Dr, Gupta. I'm board-certified with over 20 years experience. I have been reviewing your concern and I very much would like to help. The computer system will generate a phone call request if that is something you would like to consider as well. Otherwise, I am happy to chat with you here too.
Kind regards,

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 7 days ago.

I can understand your worry about the temporary veneer snapping off just before traveling abroad.

You need to look at two things here.

1. Is there any tooth sensitivity? If that is the case, then early treatment may be needed

2. How bad does it look? According to you, that is not really a problem.

I would say that in this situation if there is no tooth sensitivity, you should be fine travelling abroad and also waiting through the quarantine, before getting treatment,

All the best and stay safe :)

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer. I hope I have given you a satisfactory answer. If you have any follow up questions, please reply here and I'll be happy to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD