Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I i an taking vitamins, col liver oil etc, eating well

Customer Question

I i an taking vitamins , col liver oil etc, eating well excerpt for the odd byl of wine, can I avoid flu this season and have you any advice please
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am getting my blood work done next week and I do take
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I also take a mild spkeeping aidv
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Both my parents died young
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer. Good day to you, I am Dr, Gupta. I'm board-certified with over 20 years experience. I have been reviewing your concern and I very much would like to help. The computer system will generate a phone call request if that is something you would like to consider as well. Otherwise, I am happy to chat with you here too.
Kind regards,

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 12 days ago.

I appreciate your concern about keeping yourself protected from FLu this season, especially with the concern of COVID also lurking this winters.

Have you taken the Flu vaccine, that is usually around 6-070% effective in preventing flu and may have some benefits against the COVID disease too.

Get your Vit D levels tested and try to have them more than 30, closer to 50 if possible.

Also, Vit C in the form of berries, apples, oranges and other fruits may help.

Elderberry extract has been shown to have some benefits in preventing flu too.

Beyond this, regular exercise, reducing stress, staying contented and happy with meditation, breathing exercise, mindfulness may all help you stay fit too :)
Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer. I hope I have given you a satisfactory answer. If you have any follow up questions, please reply here and I'll be happy to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD
To directly contact me for your next question, please use this link or ask for me directly.
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-gupta/