DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I'm a little worried about some blood tests results that I

Customer Question

Good morning
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm a little worried about some blood tests results that I reieved back yesterday. My GP is now on leave for two weeks and I need someone to help me understand what they could mean. I have had elevated liver enzymes for almost a year now which have increased over the year. A month ago a blood test shows that my ESR levels have increased and are also gradually increasing. Yesterday's blood test results also show that my ANA and smooth muscle antibodies are positive and 1/168. Would this indicate Autoimmune hepatitis?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: If my tests confirm I have Autoimmune hepatitis what will that mean for me?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have diagnosed pelvic congestion syndrome and currently awaiting an MRI due to neurological health issues.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 6 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Writing is fine thank you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for the details

This can be due to auto-immune hepatitis

You do need to see a gastroenterologist

You should have a biopsy and after that treatment can be started

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.