How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Khizra Naz Your Own Question
Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Khizra Naz is online now

I would like to tall to a female gynecologist, I have talked

This answer was rated:

Hi I would like to tall to a female gynecologist
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have talked with a gp but not happy about it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am diabetic had a surgery 3 years back after that my health is so bad and put on weight also after ..I have heavy period for the last 3 years which is making me difficult to go to work or go for a work out
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I have 7 days and its very heavy and painful
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The nurse have given me medicine for making my bleeding less and told me to be on contraceptive pills
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Desogestral 75 mg
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Tranexamic acid 500mg three times two tablets

Hello My name is***** will try to help you today.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be really difficult for you

That's really good that you were started on desogestrel, can you tell me when were you started on this?

And how about tranexamic acid?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am feeling a bit worried
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can we do consult through chat

Yes we can consult through chat.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just started from today ..but I was told its a hormonal thing and i already weigh 107 kilo
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am 36 years and is on insulin and controlled diet by my dietician
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am taking tresiba 85 unit daily along with gliclaside 2 tablets 8 mg
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
All these makes me hungry which I try to with held by eating a banana and all and difficult to loose weight now along with this I am scared to gain more pounds

This aggressive bleeding is likely secondary to hormonal imbalance, that is absolutely right. Desogestrel and tranexamic acid is the best option for you to start for this.

Desogestrel regulate the hormones and tranexamic acid act locally to decrease the bleeding.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The tranexamc acid I am taking my period Is a lot less now

That is really good.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But it pits me on weight gain also right which is also a place I have to very careful

Active lifestyle with these medication is the best option for you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I had a laparoscopy on 2 nd may 2018 and the doc accident my made a small cut in my large intestine and on the 3 Ed I had a LA pro to my and was in ICU for a week and half and the hospital for a month
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
After that my entire health condition is upside down been taking insuline and once a week ozempic shot
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My mom had endrometrosis and I fear whether I too have it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Endometriosis is managed with these medication. You are absolutely fine on these tablets. I would advise you to continue with this.

Khizra Naz and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you