Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am feeling some veins above my era like pounding for 1

Customer Question

Hi! I am feeling some veins above my era like pounding for 1 second then stops, there is no pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Ear* No pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I experienced some anxiety problems and I thought it may be the stress
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes likely anxiety related.

The blood flow increases to the ears causing throbbing veins.

Do you notice any rash?
Best wishes,
Please reply back if you need any further clarification.
It was my pleasure to help you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I understand. This anxiety os tricky as it makes you think that you may have something serious that was why I was asking. Also, i would like to ask something else
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am 21 years old female, no medical problems in my family histories. A few days ago as I was travelling to work, after I jumped off the tube I started feeling a dizziness and got panicked instantly. No other physical symptoms, only dizziness and then panic as I thought something bad is happening. After 2 days I got my period, it may be related to that?Sometimes I get some chest pains as well but they don t last more than a second and are located in different sides of my chest. I went to a doctor to check my heart 2 months ago because I was getting palpitations and after the checks they said that everything looks normal. I went to a therapist as well to deal with these anxiety and panic attack problems. Sometimes I think that I am just too body aware and confuse the symptoms to something serious but they actually come from anxiety.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
there is no rash sorry
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for additional information.

Hormone influences also can cause such symptoms.

However, it is more likely you are having panic attacks and that may need medication besides counseling.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I understand, to be honest i only had really few panic attacks but more anxiety attacks which I feel I can control therefore the situation is not severe. My only concern was that if these symptoms are anxiety related and not the symptoms of a more serious condition. I thought I needed to ask a specialist
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 days ago.

Given that your had normal heart tests and you have no other consistent symptom ( present all the time), anything serious is not likely.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I understand, thank you so much! Much appreciated!
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 days ago.

Very welcome