Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

Can u help. I had my merina coil out on the 2nd of September

Customer Question

Can u help. I had my merina coil out on the 2nd of September 2020 after having it in for two years, I wanted to try for another baby. I then had my first period on the 10th September to the 19th, but wasn't everyday bleeding. Also had unprotected sex on the 9th of September and the 29th I then came on my period the 4th october to the 7th of October , since the 10th of October I've been have brown jelly discharge everyday since and brown discharge when I wipe. Should I be worried
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain and have had two periods since removal
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 days ago.

No , not at all . Irregular bleeding anddischarge is common in first few weeks to months after you withdraw any birth control . Brown discharge is just the old blood , altered in appearance . Just relax , wait and watch. Your periods should normalize soon.

Hope it answers your query .