How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Osula Your Own Question
Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 628
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Anthony Osula is online now

My Mum has hashimotos disease and I have all the symptoms.

This answer was rated:

Hi, my Mum has hashimotos disease and I have all the symptoms. But my GP always says my blood tests are fine. I think I need more in depth blood tests to check my antibodies.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: They have only ever checked my TSH levels in my blood.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have fibromyalgia and PCOS.

Thanks for your query, what blood tests have you had?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Just a general blood test to check my thyroid function.

You'll need a Thyroid Peroxidase antibody test (TPO antibody) to check if you're at risk of hashimotos

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thanks.

no worries

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If my Doctor refuses to carry out that test can you recommend a private health clinic near Liverpool where I’d be able to get that done please?

Its an NHS test that is done all the time so no Dr can refuse to do it as you can raise a complaint

I dont know the liverpool area unfortunately, you might have to google around for that info or try a site called Doctify

Anthony Osula and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you.

no worries