DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I've been having serious problems with my period as I had it

Hello! I've been having serious problems with my period as I had it two times this month, there is a lot of blood ad well as clots. Every day, I feel weaker, sick, unhappy, frustrated and the pain can't be taken away with a painkiller anymore. I've recently done my second vaccine for HPV, and last summer I had the same problem as for June I had 4 Periods and in July none. Hepl, please Thank you!
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? How long have you dealt with the HPV infection?
Customer: I don't have an HPV infections and I've never used contraceptions I did the vaccine as a precaution
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: I went to a gynecologist in August and nothing was wrong
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I'm 20 years old and I don't have a very active sexual life, my other doctor only told me that I don't ovulate right.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you ?

Do you have a Pap smear and an examination done ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello! I'm 20 years old
Yes, I did them in August and everything seemed fine. As a precaution from my age I got the HPV vaccine as well, I have the third shot in 3 months

Alright

Do you have an ultrasound done as well ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It's easier for me if I write my messages
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Everything was alright, no recommendations

Thanks for the details

I think this is most likely a hormonal imbalance

You do need to start hormonal pills to regulate the period

Hopefully that will help in settling your problem

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When should I statrt taking them and would be a good choice?

You can start it on the first day of your cycle

There are a lot of brands including combined and Progesterone only pill

You may use the Progesterone only pill

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
For only Progesterone pills what would be a good brand? Also, since I have my period almost every 4 days can I just start taking them?

You can start Cerazette

You can start in case if the first day of the cycle is not known

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can I buy it without a prescription ?

No it will need a prescription

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

You are welcome