DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I was hoping t get some advice about my symptoms please. I

Hi, I was hoping t get some advice about my symptoms please. I felt unwell for a few days last week, I took Ibuprofen and felt better but have started getting the symptons again now. My skin is sensitive to touch, I feel lethargic, I only feel short of breath if I move around and it makes me cough and my right breast is swollen and very sore.
JA: When did you start using ibuprofen? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: I started on Ibuprofen last Wednesday, not sure I have side effects from taking them.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the sensitivity?
Customer: No I can't get an appointment until next Friday and have been unable to speak to them by phone at the moment. My skin felt sensitive to touch last week and returned Tuesday this week and my breast has been sore and swollen for a couple of days now
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No thank you

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Is there obvious swelling and redness of the breast ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is obvious swelling but no redness

Can you share a picture so that I can have a look ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Picture attached

Thanks for sharing

You have mastitis

You need an antibiotic

This is an infection of the breast tissue

An antibiotic like Flucloxacillin or Co-Amoxiclav will be helpful

Also apply ice packs on the breast and continue Ibuprofen

It will get better in few days

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. Do I need to contact my GP to get a prescription?

Yes and as early as possible

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. I will be glad to help you always.