Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I'm having problems with my memory, No I'm not, when having

I'm having problems with my memory
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: No I'm not, when having a conversation with my friends, I'll suddenly forget what I'm saying right in the middle of talking.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us today.

I am sorry that you are having problems with your memory. Please can I ask your age and if you have any medical problems?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My age is 20 years old, no medical problems

Okay thanks, ***** ***** long have you noticed this for?

Do you smoke? Do you drink much alcohol?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It happened the first time around 3 months ago, no I don't and maybe once a week drinking

Okay thanks. Any other symptoms?

Weakness in arms or legs, headaches?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No other symptoms at all, doesn't happen all the time, it's like I'll suddenly just feel this wave of pressure like everyone is listening to me, then I'll suddenly see myself lose track of what I'm saying

Okay thank you. So I would recommend you getting a blood test done, looking for certain deficiencies that could contribute to this.

If this is normal, then an MRI scan of your head would be next. However in younger adults this is either an anxiety, not significant, or as a consequence of a low mood. So do be aware of certain stresses in your life that would contribute to this.

Please contact your doctor to arrange a blood test and look into this a bit further.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thankyou for your advice