DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I’ve been having trouble urinating for 2 weeks now. When I

Hi I’ve been having trouble urinating for 2 weeks now. When I go only a little urine comes out and I have to strain a bit. No pain. Just discomfort
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 2 weeks. Not really pain, more discomfort. Also having discharge and a radiating feeling around vulva
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’m currently on antibiotics from a doctor. Day 3. But it doesn’t feel like it’s getting better and wanted another opinion

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

This is an infection

You need to continue the antibiotic

If the symptoms still persist then you may need to have a repeat test and a urine culture

That will help in guiding about the antibiotic choice

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. I’ve had a urine test and analysis in lab, but the results came back inconclusive due to flora contaminating sample. They don’t know what bacteria is causing my problems, or if there is bacteria at all. They found a bit of blood in the urine, but that was about all they could tell me. Could this be a kidney infection? They have me on Nitrofurantoin. I’m just worried this will get worse if it’s the wrong antibiotic. Just wanted a second opinion on what kind of infection it could be. Thank you

Nitrofurantoin is a good antibiotic for kidney infection as well

I would continue the antibiotic as sometime it can take few days for symptoms to settle

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

You are welcome

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. I will be glad to help you always.