Dr.Andrew
Dr.Andrew, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Physician,Doctor, medical consultant
75931320

I have just woken up with vertigo and it's not going away.is

I have just woken up with vertigo and it's not going away.is vertigo/dizziness on its own something to worry about

Welcome back to Justanswer.website,

My name is***** am happy to assist you today with your question.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Dear customer

I am sorry to hear about your problem but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information and I will help you figure out with a solution.

May I know your age and gender?

Are you diagnosed with any medical conditions?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am 33 and male and I don't have any conditions that I know of
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Could it be bppv as it happened as soon as I stood up from waking from sleep ...does vertigo/dizziness on its own mainly mean something non serious

Dear customer,

Thank you for staying online

I am sorry to hear about your problem and I can understand how uncomfortable you may be feeling but hopefully, we can resolve this.

The symptoms you have described of having vertigo/dizziness can be due to various causes.

Yes, it can be due to ear disease such as BPPV

The ears are organs that provide two main functions —

1.Hearing

2. Balance of head & body

Problems in the inner ear are the most frequent cause of dizziness. It is caused by a disturbance within the balance organs of the inner ear. The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.

When fluid volume or pressure in one inner ear changes, information about balance is altered. This causes the sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position. This results in vertigo and dizziness.

Another possibility can be the changes in blood pressure. Both low or high blood pressure can cause such symptoms.

-Keep yourself hydrated.

-You can take Ready-mixed rehydration sachets (eg Dioralyte, Rehidrat).

-You can also take tab meclizine hydrochloride. This will help you greatly in stopping dizziness.

If this persists then please try to get this further examined, evaluated, and investigated by your clinic doctors, but this does not appear anything serious in nature.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

I am available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have so please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for that information..would you say something serious usually be's accompanied with chest pain or numbness etc

Yes, serious symptoms can be chest pain, severe headache, numbness, or breathing discomfort.

You do not have any such symptoms.

I would recommend you to have a blood pressure check-up and see your doctor if the symptoms persist.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
thanks I have last question Are doctors seeing patients at the moment or because of coronavirus they can't ?

Yes, doctors are seeing the patients. You can make an appointment with your doctor.

I hope my recommendations are helpful to you. Please let me know if you have any other follow up questions.