Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had a skin patch ( looking like a red elevated area)

Hi, I have had a skin patch ( looking like a red elevated area) on my right flank. I went to my GP which prescribed cortisone cream, it settled initially, however I observed that has now darkened in colour and there are three more little patches around the same area. I am looking for further advice due to GP surgery not being promptly responsive . Thank you very much
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: I have had this problem for the past couple
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: of months. The area is not painful, however sometimes itchy. There is no new products or signs of any reactions to anything. no past medical history. Fit and well. Thank you

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

How old are you? Can you please share a picture of that lesion here by clicking the paperclip icon on this page?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Dr. Hasan, thank you very much for your prompt reply. I am 27yo. I will attach photos right now
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
This first one is when the first patch came on initially
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
First one

Ok please send the recent pictures as well.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
That’s now
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Second picture now
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much for your time and attention

Are these areas itchy? For how long you have applied hydrocortisone on these areas?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The GP prescribed only for 2 weeks, it settled initially, didn’t increase in size or changed in colour until very recently. I have repeated another week of cortisone, but has not improved at all. These areas are itchy at times

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your attention. I will be waiting for your reply at your convenience. Thank you

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. There is a possibility of having a fungal infection behind this and that can be the reason of its spread and recurrence. I would suggest that you must try a mixture of over the counter available hydrocortisone cream with Clotrimazole cream twice daily for 2 weeks. Hopefully, you are going to be alright. If symptoms persist after that, see your doctor as you may need oral drugs for this. I reassure you as I would have reassured my family member that there is nothing serious behind this and you are going to be alright.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Dr. Hasan, you have been excellent in communication and service provided. I am very happy with the advice given to me this morning and I will act on this today. I will definitely keep you contact in mind for future reference if needed. Hope you have a wonderful day and I will make sure there will be an appropriate review on today’s conversation. Thank you very much again. Kind regards, ***** *****

You are most welcome dear. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. A bonus and excellent feedback will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Of course, I will act on it right now. Thank you very much again and have a great day

:)