How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 14745
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

I think I might have a case of balantis. I’m wondering what

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I think I might have a case of balantis. I’m wondering what the best treatment would be? My symptoms are a sensitive and itchy tip of the penis with small red spots
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Is this your first time reaching out for information about it?
Customer: It just came up this morning, yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’ve had a reaction to penicillin before

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi there
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Messaging would be better for me

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

History of unprotected sex?

Please upload a picture of the affected area to review.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Symptoms are: red and itchy tip of penis with some small red spots.Unprotected sex with my partner.

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply to you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for all this additional information.
I understand your concern.
Well as you describe, Irritation in the area due to rough sex, friction, allergy from condoms can cause balanitis.
Irritation can be caused also by:
not rinsing the soap completely off of your penis after showering
using scented soaps to clean your penis
using bar soap that dries out the skin
using scented lotions or sprays on your penis
Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do a cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with 1% Clotrimazole cream twice a day.

You should avoid frequent washing.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose fitted cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for a few days.
Abstain from sexual activity for a while.
Avoid any scented soap, lotion on the affected area.

Motrin( Ibuprofen), Claritin (Loratadine), Hydrocortisone cream, 1% Clotrimazole are available there over the counter.
If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Dr Anil Kumar and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much!

I wish you good health.
Kind Regards