Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm 54 years old I'm bleeding from the anus at the time of

Hi good night, I'm 54 years old I'm bleeding from the anus at the time of evacuating to the bathroom, and a hereditary disease, I remember that my father had this problem
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Não fui ao médico ainda, não estou tomando nenhum tipo de medicação
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Sinto uma leve dorzinha no pé dá barriga do lado direito, após o início dessa dorzinha que pode ser hereditária também, que iniciou um pequeno sangramento no ânus, uma cor bem viva ( clara ) e cada dia estou notando que esta aumentando.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

This isCustomer Board-certified with 16 years of clinical experience.

I will be happy to assist you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Please let me know about the following and I will do my best to help you.

Have you consulted a doctor regarding this?

Were any investigations done? Any regular treatment?

Have you checked for hemorrhoids?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Any other past illness?

Are you on any regular medicines?

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Nunca fiz nem um exame, e nem tomei nem um medicação
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Eu gostaria de algum remédio para esse meu problema, pelo menos testar algum remédio pra ver se para o sangramento no ânus

Thank you for your reply.

I am personally not available for a phone call. If you wish I can opt-out, another expert would help you further with a phone call.

I am happy to continue our discussion in the text format.

Kindly let me know your preference.

Also, we can chat in English, I am sorry I do not understand your text.

If you wish I would opt-out and another expert would help you.

I will add a detailed note on hemorrhoids and some lifestyle changes you can implement to help your condition.

In case you have further clarifications, feel free to ask.

Hemorrhoids also called piles, are swollen veins in your anus and lower rectum. Hemorrhoids have a number of causes, but often the cause is unknown.

Important signs and symptoms are as follows

1)Itching or irritation in your anal region

2)Pain or discomfort

3)Swelling around your anus

4)Bleeding

If the hemorrhoid is thrombosed it may result in severe pain, swelling, inflammation, and a hard lump near your anus.

Hemorrhoids can develop from increased pressure in the lower rectum due to-

1)Straining during bowel movements

2)Having chronic diarrhea or constipation

3)Being obese

4)Being pregnant

5)Having anal intercourse

6)Eating a low-fiber diet

7)Regular heavy lifting

8) with increasing age, risk of hemorrhoids increases

Most important tips in managing hemorrhoids include

A)The treatment of hemorrhoids is by a warm sitz bath

B) avoiding straining, keeping the stools soft – best is to use a stool softener like Duphalac.

C) local application of the ointment like proctosedyl, the cream needs to be used before or after a motion, after a sitz bath and at bedtime.

Prevent hemorrhoids by keeping your stools soft, so they pass easily.

1)Increase fibre content in your food-Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Doing so softens the stool and increases its bulk.

2)Increase daily fluid consumption- Drink eight glasses of water and other liquids (not alcohol) each day to help keep stools soft.

3)Consider fiber supplements. OTC fiber supplements, such as psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel), improve overall symptoms and bleeding from hemorrhoids.

4)Avoid straining. Straining when trying to pass a stool creates greater pressure in the veins in the lower rectum.

5)Don’t delay when you feel the urge to pass stools. If you wait to pass a bowel movement and the urge goes away, your stool could dry out and be harder to pass.

6)Daily Exercise. it also helps you lose excess weight that might be contributing to your hemorrhoids.

7) Warm sitz baths; relieves pain and may help decrease the hemorrhoid size. This is done 2-3 times a day for 15 minutes each.

8) Use OTC topical treatments. Apply an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone, vasoconstrictors or a numbing agent like xylocaine (like Proctosedyl)

9) You can use acetaminophen (Tylenol), aspirin, or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB) if the pain is severe.

With the above measures, symptoms should improve in 3-4 days, in case they don’t kindly see your doctor, especially if severe pain or bleeding is present.

Your doctor, after proper examination, will be able to decide the next course of treatment.

It could as simple as external hemorrhoid thrombectomy or minimally invasive procedures like Rubber band ligation/ sclerotherapy/laser/infrared therapies.

Only in a small percentage of people, surgical procedures like hemorrhoidectomy or hemorrhoid stapling would be required.

I hope this information was helpful.

If you have further questions feel free to ask. I would be glad to clarify.