DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been suffering from an acne-like skin condition

I have been suffering from an acne-like skin condition around the lower half of my face for around 10 years. I always thought this was acne so initially went to the doctor and they prescribed oral antibiotics. They worked very well, but then after around 18 months my body became immune to them and the problem came back. I then started using benzoyl peroxide and this worked but left my skin in pretty bad condition, really dry and irritated. I continued using for years, but even while using twice a day the issue still regularly occured I now believe this could actually be bacterial folliculitus, but want to speak to someone to confirm this
JA: When did acne first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: When I was around 18, I'm now 28
JA: Got it. When was your last visit to a dermatologist?
Customer: I have never seen a dematologist
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please attach a photo for review

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
This is what its like frequently. Small pustules in those areas of my face

Thanks for the details

It seems like folliculitis

I would suggest to use Co-Amoxiclav or Flucloxacillin to get rid of it

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks. Will this get rid of it permanently, or will it just cover the problem without treating the root?

It will get rid of he folliculitis

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. I will be glad to help you always.