DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have several questions regarding my period, No worries at

Hi I have several questions regarding my period
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: No worries at all. I have never been on any contraceptives. I have also noticed the past year or so my periods have become irregular. I would get them every other month. I am unsure if this is because of stress or hormone levels. I got my period on June 27th which lasted a week. Then I missed July. Got it again on August 27th however, have not gotten it yet.
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: I have not have a smear test yet I was planning on having it checked but due to the pandemic im unable to I am also not pregnant as i have not had sex and I am not showing any symptoms I am afraid if it is premature menopause, me being stressed out about not having my period every month or perhaps having higher male hormones
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Dr. Thank you so much for your time.
I am 21.

Thanks for the details

I would suggest that you do get an evaluation

This can be due to hormonal imba***** *****ke in polycystic ovarian syndrome

Another possibility could be an infection

It i unlikely to be a premature ovarian failure

You may need hormones to regularize the periods

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you doctor. How shall I make my hormones balanced?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can PCOS be cured and are these symptoms of infertility?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am also extremely stressed so I am worried that may also be a self-induced stress trigger to make my periods later than normal.

It is a treatable condition

You have to see a gynecologist for evaluation and treatment

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sadly due to the pandemic, it is unsafe for me to go to the hospital to have it checked right now that is why i am doing this online consultation.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do you need any more information from me?

I can understand but you can not have an examination and investigations done on this forum